Apple launches new cloud - iCloud


In a keynote speech during its Worldwide Developers Conference event, leading tech company Apple announced new features for “Lion,” the next version of its desktop operating system OS X; the next version of its mobile operating system, iOS 5; and a new service, iCloud, which stores content in the cloud and automatically syncs it across multiple devices. Read more.

Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, said the new, free service, iCloud, would replace the personal computer as the central hub of people’s digital lives — storing photos, music and documents. Relying on the PC, he said, no longer works now that millions of people have multiple devices, each with photos, documents, songs, phone applications and other files.

“Keeping these devices in sync is driving us crazy,” Mr. Jobs said, speaking at the opening day of Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference. “We have a great solution for this problem. We are going to demote the PC to just be a device. We are going to move the digital hub, the center of your digital life, into the cloud.” Read more

The biggest player in digital music has finally vaporized its content. Starting this fall, you'll be able to stream your digital music library over the Internet, rather than having to download it to your devices and store it on them. We've already seen Amazon and Google's attempts at a Web-based streaming music service, with the former's Cloud Player and the latter's Google Music Beta, but with iTunes' dominance in digital music, Apple's iCloud could eclipse both of them. Apple's offering differs from those of Amazon and Google in some big ways, though. Here's a rundown of the three services' differences and similarities. Read more

Apple announced 200 new features and 1,500 new APIs in the next release of its mobile operating system, iOS 5. The biggest changes cut the cable to Macs and PCs, tie it more closely to Apple's new cloud services, and update the UI with real-time interactivity in the form of revamped notifications system. Read more


Bottomline:

I use Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod... and hardly ever use my PC nowadays (shhh...). The Apple iCloud is exactly what the doctor ordered! I can now instantly share and download my photos, documents and music across all three devices, and on my future MacBook (yup, this year!). I have had instances where I shot a video on my iPhone, and want to download it straight to my iPad... I believe, now I can with the latest iCloud. I download photos or docs from the web on my iPad, and want to view them later on my iPhone, Now I can. I want to have one place for all my music that I have purchased from iTunes, be it iPod, iPhone or iPad. Now I can. I have different apps on my iPad and iPhone from the App Store, and always wondered if I had to buy or download apps separately for each device... Now I can share my apps across all Apple products. Finally, the all important calendar. I only use iPhone for my calendar, and was frustrated that I cannot automatically synch this with my iPad calendar. Now I can. For all the Apple users out there, iCloud is a huge step forward wherein we can now enjoy our music, photos and videos everywhere, work with our apps and documents anywhere...and never miss another meeting. The best part - iCloud is FREE for all the normal things we do. Diehard fans will use Apple products round the clock, 24/7, for everything, thanks to the iCloud. Apple, please make sure our information stays secured, and doesn't get hacked. Apple iCloud - loving it!

How does Apple, the #1 innovative company in the world, innovate and create game-changing innovations such as the iPod, iTunes, iPhone, iPad and more? What is Apple's secret recipe for innovation success?


Download Apple's Innovation Strategy, and learn how Apple became the #1 innovator through:

• Creativity and Innovation
• Innovation in Products
• Innovation in Business Model
• Innovation in Customer Experience
• Innovation and Leadership
• Steve Jobs Visionary Leadership
Revised in 2011! Steve Jobs interview

Learn more...





References:
Apple.com
Watch the Video of all the announcements